8 Mile Inlet Tower
8 Mile Dam Outlet
The City Development Department coordinates with the Planning, Building and Utility Departments. The Development Department reviews Building Plans and Parcel Maps and reviews and inspects Subdivision Plans and Development. The Development Department provides information, recommendations, and services to the public, specifically owners, builders, and developers to insure the success of their development projects.
The City Environmental Department's key functions are to:
- Manage and administer the City's Small Municipal Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) Permit, NVS040000.
- Manage the State of Nevada Stormwater General Permit, NVR1000000, as it relates to the City's MS4 Permit and construction sites within the City limits.
- Manage and administer the State of Nevada Dam Safety Program including the Dam Safety Emergency Action Plan.
- Manage and administer the City's Pretreatment Program.
- Provide assistance in the City's Cross-Connection Program.
- Assist the City with its Wellhead Protection Program.
- Aid the City's Solid Waste Division in maintaining landfill and air quality permits, establishing Household Hazardous Waste Program, expand and organize recycling opportunities.
- Provide public education and staff training to ensure compliance with the City's various environmental programs.